Helping you and your clients with asbestos assessments.
Asbestos is a highly dangerous product which is also a silent killer. It is an essential requirement to manage and monitor any asbestos hazards.
If the property has tenants, the party with the greatest control over the premises has legal responsibility which includes:
- Ascertaining areas and locations of material which could potentially contain asbestos.
- If in doubt, to assume asbestos is present until there is enough evidence to prove otherwise. You may need to consult an external surveyor.
- Maintenance of records regarding location and condition of asbestos-containing materials or presumed (ACMs) including a risk assessment of any exposure to the fibres.
- Ensure analysis is in accordance with ISO17025.
- Have a plan of risk management and how this would be actioned.
- Regular review and monitoring.
- Forewarn anybody/everybody who may be working in an area where asbestos may be present.
It is always recommended to have a full risk assessment in order to protect all parties against potentially fatal hazards or an asbestos-related illness.
Our efficient processes and expertise, facilitates thorough assessments for contracts and any other appropriate documentation.